Click here to go back to www.oirfc.com

CLICK HERE to go back to www.oldiggiesrugby.com

Thursday 14 April 2011

A True Story . . . . . maybe my first ever

I was once employed by Colonial State Bank in business Banking.  One of my favourite clients was the Annandale Hotel, for obvious reasons:
(1) Had to drink beers at each visit, and
(2) The owner was a decent bloke who followed (Norths) Rugby which we discussed often.

Years went by and on one of my “visits” to the Annandale, I mentioned I played 1st Grade for Old Iggies.  The owner looked at me and I could see the light bulb light above his head. 

. . . Ahh I have finally worked you out . . .  . we played Old Iggies in a Semi Final back in 1995, I remember Matt Glascott, Stowey, Rohan Cubis and this FAT 5/8 who dropped the ball over the line in the last minute of the game.
The ref didn’t see it and awarded the try.
I was the Barker Old Boys Coach that year and we were Robbed!... You little fat bastard were that 5/8th . . . Weren’t you

Yes I was and yes I did DROP IT.   

I love beating BOBS and this will not change this weekend