Click here to go back to www.oirfc.com

CLICK HERE to go back to www.oldiggiesrugby.com

Thursday 7 April 2011

INTERVIEW - Toby "Spud" Anderson

It is the start of the season and we though we had best interview Toby “Spud” Anderson
before he:
(1) gets injured
(2) heads overseas due to article he read on “free beer and loose women”



INTERVIEW:
RW - Spud, we have known each other since the 90’s when you were the Old Iggies Ball boy running around Ryde Oval with Ben Bryant.
TA - Dad made me turn up and Ben would only turn up if Dave let him wear the Batman outfit . . . I was soooooo jealous.

RW - I was doing a little research, Did you know that if you Google “Spud in Space” you get a picture of You, Super Spud and the Stinky Space Rescue and a picture of a potato called Spud-Nik?
TA - Sorry mate but I have a life!
RW - Was that you driving here on that motor bike?
TA - Yep, that is a top of the range 50cc Vespa. I love it. Makes me look cool !
RW - Yep . . . So Cool!! Is it true your dad calls that look the:    “Hamburger on Roller Skates” 
TA - My dad is cruel, that is why I left home and moved in with Ed Tighe. Little Teddie loves to get a dink to footy training.  I have a photo.
RW - Is it true you are incapable of playing a full 80 mins?  Critics say that if you don’t come off “injured” you will just ruck some poor winger until you get a 10 minute break.  Any truth in this?
TA - Ahh . . Um . . I will have to plead “The 5th” on that. 
RW - Maybe you are better suited to 25 minutes halves . . . a true 5th Grader in the making!

RW - Do you know we use to call the Great Jimmy McGrath “Jana Wednt” because he could only play “60 minutes” of football.
TA - I don't understand . . . .
RW - Well, Jana used to be a reported on the TV show “60 minutes” and . . .  bugger don't worry you kids are soooooo young these days . .  . .

RW - Anyway, Good luck this weekend against that man-giant from Drummoyne . . . Remember 5th grade is waiting for a 5/8th like you.
TA - Yep, see you at 9am on Saturday.